Monday, February 14, 2011

St Augustine Florida

As DH is over in the UK this week, I decided to stay down in Florida ( the frozen temperatures and bucket loads of snow at home may also have come into play)




I spent a lazy Friday evening catching up on some knitting and rest. Up early on Saturday morning to find the weather forecast had changed, not quite the scorcher I was expecting ! Anyway undeterred by this minor setback, I set off to find a yarn shop that i had seen advertised on Ravelry. I will not tell you the name as I have to say I was not overly impressed, nothing I could put my finger on but just lacking in that wow factor. So off to the premium outlets just outside St Augustine, they were nothing like the Atlanta or Woodbury Common locations very run down and all a bit seedy. Never mind at least that meant that I did not buy anything.




Next stop Margreetas Quilt shop in King Street St Augustine, Wow, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. there were at least 5 separate rooms all filled with bolts of fabric, patterns and other quilting related items. It was a great selection and they left me alone to just wander from room to room multiple times. I settled on some lovely Moda dark blue with a turquoise and brown spot and 3 fat quarters plus a Moda Jelly roll. I then added some cute handmade buttons and the sweetest little snips they are about an inch long with a spring to help use them. They will be perfect for travelling.




I don’t even want to imagine how long I was in there! There was the perfect pick me up just opposite, a chocolate factory with a cafe attached so that you could sample the products Yum.

I spent a leisurely Sunday shopping at Jo-Anns and having lunch at Panera. Before the Super bowl I took a 4 mile run and then settled down to watch the match and some more of my knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment