Thursday, May 19, 2011

Canary Wharf so near yet so far

So here I am, working in Canary Wharf London. I arrived here late Monday morning and on the way in from Heathrow, passed my favorite windows, just imagine how great the light in those rooms



I have done 6 training sessions in 3 days, my feet ache like crazy. it's been interesting, especially trying to make sure that I cover everything in each session without repeating myself in the same session. Wednesday night I went out to dinner with a friend of mine who works at the company that I was working with last November. We went to Borough Market and a fish restaurant, really good. different menu every night depending on the fish they have. I had a lovely mackerel pate to start and a whole Dorset crab as a main course.

On the way back to the hotel tonight I treated myself to a rhubarb smoothie, it was yummy, you don't tend to see much rhubarb in the US. Tonight I was too tired to go out so I had room service but as I am staying at the Four Seasons it was served beautifully



So close to family yet too far to visit yet. Friday will resolve that, I will be going back to Heathrow to collect a car and then off to see my daughter and granddaughter yeay!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment