Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Warwick Winery and Baltimore

Saturday started with some very British weather, overcast and dreary, wet without actually raining. We decided to take our quarterly hike to Sams club and bought huge packs of household "stuff" . The rest of the day I spent working on a flannel disappearing nine patch quilt. I used huge squares 6 X 6 the idea is you make a standard nine patch then cut it into quarters and twist them around and sew them back together. I really like the effect it gives.






It looks very different from the standard 9 patch. Sunday we went off to Warwick Winery in Pine Island for live music, great food and for DH and friends some good wine ( i am driving to Baltimore so no alcohol for me)

If you live in this area I strongly urge you to check it out - it is such a fun day. Of course it was made even better for us as we were enjoying the company of very good friends.

So 3.30 I left everyone still having fun at the winery and started by drive to Baltimore, arrived there about 8.30 after a stop at the dairy queen :-) The drive was pretty good and seems I was lucky as there had been a massive storm in Baltimore only a few hours earlier. Hotel is fine and I brought my new Babylock light weight machine in the hope that I get to do some piecing.

Monday arrived at the office bright and breezy and had a really productive day, went out to dinner in the evening with Gale and she took me to a very good Mexican in the Canton area of Baltimore. Its looks quite an artsy area





The restaurant was very good although I was surprised that their theme would be Elvis - I guess there is a good back story there? Any way great company, good food and a very nice house margarita.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment