Tuesday, January 3, 2012

FFFreezing

The temperature has dropped significantly today and with the windchill it is in the mid teens. Definitely a good day to spend in the sewing room. 

I decided to make the quilt for the January challenge from my fave Yahoo group (small quilt group). It is from one of Kathleen Tracey's books Prarie Children and their quilts. Once I started I wanted to complete it, although I did make it with 4 blocks not the 9 that are in the book. I was really pleased with the way it turned out. I also think that the decorative stitching added some nice texture to it.


I still had time for my day 10 of my 12 days of Christmas. Going to miss this daily block once it's done. I might have to start my own daily block.



I finished the binding on my Autumn quilt last night, so I have put it on the bed in our guest room. Tonight I am knitting. I have been knitting blocks from Nicky Epstein's book "Knitting Block by Block". I am using Berroco Ultra Alpaca and I have completed 14 blocks. When I get to 21 I am going to make them into a cardigan that is pictured in the book.


Tomorrow I am up early and going to have a look at an embroidery guild that meets on a monthly basis. I will let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment